Saturday, March 2, 2013

Improving My Existence

Howdy all! Yesterday I did something shameful. I skipped my Kinesiology class to attend my roommate's clogging class. After whining for half of a semester that I haven't been able to clog, I did something about it. Probably not the BEST choice, but who among us is perfect?

That brings me to Improving My Existence.

I am not perfect. WE are not perfect. I have a little extra adipose tissue. I don't exercise everyday. I have bouts of pessimism and depression. I eat when I'm stressed, hungry, not hungry, bored, and for entertainment. I'm not always diligent about talking to my Father in Heaven, and there are many days where I don't read His word in the holy scriptures. I don't always see my blessings and I don't always keep in contact with friends. Can't we all relate?

But I'm happy, really. On average, I am content with myself, my weight, my eating habits, my family, my social life, my interactions with other people, my life, my spirituality, and my relationship with God. But let's take a look: I can be a little better and I want to be a little better. I am existing and I love it, but I could definitely improve.

The Lord doesn't want us to settle. We shouldn't want to settle! Let's not settle for mediocre lives. We are capable of so much more! I am an Exercise Physiology major at my college and I have had the amazing opportunity to study our bodies - they're fascinating, amazing and perfectly designed. There is so much each and every one of us can do - whatever we want!

I am grateful for my life, my family, my body and my talents and abilities. My plan now is to use the resources and the physical body that I have been given to improve my existence.

1 comment:

  1. I love it. The site looks great; very minimal. I just posted this today - http://goo.gl/w1Zh3 - reading your post reminded me of it and I felt compelled to share.

    ReplyDelete